Thursday, December 18, 2014

KIDS PACK YOUR BAGS !!!!

Well this about a crazy incident with the little nephews and nieces.  Me happening to be a “youngest   unmarried uncle” in the family. These kids tend to fancy me a lot plus take me for granted. They make me laugh and also drive me nuts at times.  I have two nephews and three nieces.  The nephews are like big time BEN10 fans their names are Santosh(10) and Sanjay(10) , while my nieces just love fashion even though they are hardly 10 years old Diana(8) , Nandhini(9) , Jackie(6).  Kids these days talk more than my grandma used to. Every Saturday my cousins let me take care of their kids. It’s usually a drive to the closest park. Once when I asked Santosh lets walk to the park, He says “Suraj, why do u have a car. You are being so cruel that you want to make us walk??”. Well this was one such example of their so called advanced brains.
So it was some time during their annual holidays this year we planned to go to Coorg. My grandma lives there.  You should have seen the smile on their faces, my god the evil naughty smiles. So we decided to drive to coorg. It was these five kids my mum, dad and my sister. We started our journey. The brats started of singing and making fun of everyone on the road. As we drove past Mysore the beautiful scenery took the kids away they were silent and excited. One could see the sparkle in their eyes, Jackie says “mamaaaa stop the car “then we stop by a little stream of water and the kids are all excited to see that. Having grown in apartment and concrete jungle the kids were so very thrilled, so was I.  As we drove through the Ghats the kids were thrilled to see the elephants working alongside moving timber and load. We stopped for a while clicked a few pics. After almost 8 hours of drive from Bangalore. We reached at my grandmother’s place in PolyBetta, The kids were all jumping and ran into the house. The house happens to be more like a living antique piece.  The house is surrounded by cardamom, vanilla and orange plantation. 
The kids were actually feeling lost they were so excited to see so much of nature. It was already late so we had a nice dinner and we all went to sleep. It was a huge bed that accommodated me and the kids .Me being stuck in the centre of 5 little brats who tried to choke me in their sleep.  The next morning when I got up it was late. The kids were missing, I went up to mom, dad and sister asked where the kids were. They said that they saw them playing around. I started yelling out their names but in vain. I thought they must be around the nice plantation so I went back to the house and got ready. The Kids were still missing! I was a bit worried and I told my parents. So they started looking for them as well, but they were all missing. We got the household people and started searching everywhere . I was scared but later after almost 30 mins of our search I found these kids with few local kids by a stream trying to fish.  It was such a relief but the kids loved it. I loved it so did everyone in the family. I believe vacations are a must for kids. Especially where they could discover nature. It would freshen them and make them feel lively. Life in cities are  usual classes and technology based life. If I have kids in the future I would make it a point to take them on vacations every few months in a year. Just Surfing through the net I found this interesting link - #travelWithKids   - TEDDY TRAVELOUGES  by Club Mahindra

Make sure to check out the website,


 Have fun with kids keep travelling show them the beautiful world out there,

No comments:

Post a Comment