Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Diwali for all

Yieeeeee ....Its Diwali again, writing about diwali. It’s nostalgic with just a few hours left for celebrations. Well I just got back home after a quick shopping for all the necessary stuff for the "CELEBRATION". So first let me  wish you all a happy DIWALI/DEEPAVALI or any other way you want to spell it. Hmmm Diwali has been  an awesome festival for us. I still remember the first essay that I wrote in my 1st std at school was "DIWALI festival of lights".

My perspective about diwali is that it a day where families and friends come together. This is more like a celebration of our country as a whole. Like how people celebrate Christmas as an international holiday, Diwali is our national holiday. Doesn't matter who you are/ where you are from? all that happens this day is happiness and fun. I still remember the days as I was a kid; it used to be real special as there would be loads of sweets and a lot of goodies given by relatives and neighbors.

I still remember those days when my dad would come home with the sweet boxes and other gifts given at his office. I would stand by the gate looking out for his car, As he drove close by I would run with excitement to him to carry the sweet bags along with my lil dog who  kept barking with joy as-well.

There were days that I would look out for this day as dad used to be out of station and would come home during diwali. Diwali was very emotional at times in our house as it was a joyous occasion for all of us to come together and sit down. My mum also being a working woman would have this day off and we always had fun. 

Oh and the best part of diwali is "CRACKERS" ....well this was big when I was a kid. I first started bursting like the real  noisy crackers in my 6th grade , My dad provoked me so much that I finally took the guts to light a "hydrogen bomb"  boom it went and I really liked it. Later on down the lane I have been a pro with crackers . Currently I see the same excitement in my lil nephews as my childhood days. 

Nothing much has changed every since my childhood days, My dad arrived this week from mangalore . Mom has got off for the next two days ...so do I ,Got my crackers(check). My dog is a lil old though, Will make some sweets along with mom tomorrow. Ah about sweets we tend to buy most of them from the sweet shop, just the gulab jamoons are made at home. I love cooking alongside with the family and we do this only during such occasions as all of us are so caught up in our routine cycle of work.

I would have said nothing has changed much but just a lil, well those little things when i sit back and look at them, really mean a lot. Like we have less relatives coming in, as most of the work is done by the mobile phone of wishing. Making tons of sweets/savouries at home has come down drastically but however being together and sharing a lovely day with my mom,dad and my doggie is the best. Looking out for an awesome day tomorrow. Mom and dad are asleep and I’m just typing in this post sitting at the center of my drawing room sipping my pepsi and some nibbling on the savories. 

Guys With all the promos around the flipkarts billion day / amazon diwali sale blah blah what not ...Do not forget your family, make sometime today. Meet your mom and dad share a happy thought have fun....Happy diwali  

Also check out more about diwali fun - Pepsi Gar Wali Diwali   it time to get the smile on :) 
watch this video PepsiCo #GharWaliDiwali film

No comments:

Post a Comment